Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sunrise Sunset: International Edition?


Ms. McGuess! You are in the Philippines! I got so excited when I saw you had a new blog post up and then reading it, gah! I miss your bouce-osity (to use the technical term) but it came through your post so well. And then I absolutely had to figure out how separated in time we are now and between google and  happyzebra.com (see below for my favorite picture of a happy zebra) I discovered that your sunset occurs only one hour ahead from my sunrise local time and I started day-dreaming about pulling off the world’s greatest trip to the Philippines that involved sunrise here in Houston and sunset there in the Philippines. Make sure you do ‘Sunrise Sunset: Too Fast Too Philippines’ sometime during your next two years.

Zebra Picture Time!!!

It's like he's saying, "Hello Sir or Madame, you may remember me from the alphabet.."

As long as I'm off topic, I saw this video weeks ago and I can't remember if I showed you or not but I can't even begin to describe how hard I laughed at the crocodile except you've seen me laugh way too hard and collapse and have trouble breathing plus you once almost died eating an orange because of something either Phil and Chris said so I'm sure you can imagine. Without further ado I present, Balloon Animals.

SO in order to actually do some looping, I’m going to ATTEMPT to keep track of all the movies, books, and music that come out while you’re gone that you should see, read, or listen to upon your return. See them on the right as I keep updating and try not to feel overwhelmed. Also right now the movie list is dominated by Disney movies, but you know that’s how we roll and I'm not going to apologize.

As for U.S. news, the biggest thing to happen this week in terms of hubbub and me hearing about it despite spending almost all my free time cramming for my board exam or showing Kara around Houston, was Zimmerman being found not guilty in the Trayvon Martin case.

The most positive thing I saw in the news was that J.K. Rowling wrote a new book!! She published it under a pseudonym to ignore some of the publicity and let it fare on its own. But I’m personally really glad that someone who was in on the secret told his wife who told her friend who decided to grab her fifteen minutes of fame (or at least that’s the latest story I heard). I can’t wait to read it! I’m trying really hard to make August 13 before starting any new books though. It’s a crime novel called The Cuckoo’s Calling.

Also there’s a new trailer for Catching Fire and spoiler’s alert they announce the 75th Quell in it and you see just a touch of it near the end. SO EXCITED. You can watch it here, Catching Fire Trailer


As for me,
I’m studying as per the usual and went to hobby lobby for the first time this week. When we finally live together again, can you do all the decorating? I got overwhelmed by all the options. Also Kara, who was my fellow intern and roommate when I was in Paris was in Houston this week! Her company sent her here to learn a new program at their headquarters so I got to see her four nights in a row! I gave her the Houston tour and tried to convince her (the same way  I try to convince everyone I think is awesome *cough* you *cough*) to move down here and join in the Texas escapades.

Until next time my favorite world traveler,

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself"-Amelia Earhart


No comments:

Post a Comment