So I lasted something like four days before getting my hands on Robert Galbraith's *cough* JK Rowling's *cough* new book and then about another day before actually putting it on my kindle.....and then about 11 minutes before breaking down entirely and starting to read.... I am apparently completely lacking in self-control. This is the physics GRE with Game of Thrones all over again. I'm not sure if you're a fan of mystery novels but if you like Agatha Christie's or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's famous detectives then you're bound to like Comoran Strike and his trusty assistant, Robin (no idea if its supposed to be a batman reference, but probably not).
In other news, I met what I think is the world's most patient coder. We had a representative from the company that funds the grant that I'm currently doing research for (GO SCIENCE!) come to Houston and give me and my prof a short tutorial on the latest version of the software I use. It was FANTASTIC. I had been doing pretty well with the old version but the new version seemed to crash or return errors anytime I tried to do anything. This genius taught me all about it from start to finish AND rewrote some of my code to do all kinds of new things. It was great. I think my research took leaps and bounds that day.
Speaking of my research... I'm at a conference in Indianapolis this weekend! for 5 days! My flight had something like twenty people from my school on it all carrying poster tubes and what not. I imagine this is what sports teams feel like when they jetset all over the country together. Except they probably don't spend the flight quizzing each other with what they think might be on the ABR....
ALSO!
I just wanted to briefly acknowledge my non-Jess audience. I love that every time I check this blog, I see that other people have been looking in. Don't forget to go read our favorite Jess's adventures over at http://firsthandencounter.blogspot.com/ if you aren't already. And feel free to send me any books/movies/news that you think Jess absolutely MUST not miss so I can loop her in.
No comments:
Post a Comment