(BUBBLES!!!)
The wedding theme was Fly Me to the Moon to reference both Chris' stellar (eh? eh? pun? yes? ) career at NASA and Courtney's interest in Jazz music (someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure she majored in music?). The first thing I did upon arriving was sit on the wrong side, not that anyone was asking but seeing as this was my first time ever attending a wedding I wanted to do things right. I sat down, looked it up on my iphone, discovered my faux pas and casually changed seats. (actually my plan was to go to the bathroom and upon my return sit somewhere different but the bride-to-be was in the bathroom right at that moment so then I was awkwardly standing outside the bathroom and I thought that maybe I wasn't supposed to see her? like the groom? until she's walking down the aisle? to keep the AHA moment of wow she looks so radiant? (Have I mentioned that I had never been to a wedding before?) so I awkwardly stood and deliberated and stepped back slowly and vaguely looked like I was thinking of something until I was back in the main hall and then took a seat on the "correct" side and let out a collective sigh of relief).
With the hard part over with I began to wait for Rafi and Esteban to show up. They slid in at 6:59, essentially 1 minute before the wedding started, as subtlety as two 6 feet tall men can in a room where everyone is sitting and looking around quietly. The music started and the procession began. Chris was positively beaming the entire ceremony and he smiles a lot on an ordinary day so you may have a tough time imagining an extraordinarily happy Chris but I have a feeling he's going to be looking like that for the rest of his life so next time you skype with him you'll see. Courtney was of course absolutely dazzling and their excitement was palpable. They were giggling and staring at each other the whole ceremony. It was amazing and none of my description will do justice. Here is a super terrible picture I took, that will have to hold you over until the official ones are posted on facebook,
The couple said their, "I do's" and we cheered and cheered and cheered. After they left we drank some of the world's best punch, (it tasted like an orange creamsicle!) and went to go admire the wedding cakes.
The wedding party eventually came back up and we lined up to congratulate Chris and Courtney Nagel! I got to meet her for the first time and even though the moment was brief it was clear that she's an exceptionally warm, bright, and happy person. Around this point Phil joined up with us having finished with his Groomsmen duties and he introduced us to a lot of Chris and Courtney's friends that he had met during the whole wedding week. We ate cake with them and honestly the whole thing had me thinking I should move to Dallas and get to know all of these awesome people better. The happy couple eventually set off for their honeymoon and we cheered for them one more time as they walked past us to the car and drove off.
Eventually the four of us former 425 Brown-ites left to go to the Library Bar. A super swanky scotch bar in central Dallas that Esteban and I discovered and picked after using Yelp for roughly 35 seconds. With no expectations we set off. The place was CLASSY and our wedding outfits fit the the bill perfectly (after Esteban brought Phil a tie). There was a pianist in the corner and we had one of the friendliest waitresses I've met in a long time (seriously Dallas is full of happy and gracious people we should explore it together one day). Here's us at the end of the night before heading back to our respective hotels,
We stayed till around 2 and all set off for our various parts of the country the next morning. Until next time fellow past Brownites!
No comments:
Post a Comment