Tuesday, July 9, 2013

To loop in any non-Jess readers..

My lovely, inspiring, intelligent, and bold friend Jess is off on the adventure of a lifetime! She joined the Peace Corps and left for the Philippines this past weekend. She will be chronicling her story (as much as she can with her future limited internet access) at  


And while this extraordinary opportunity will be life-changing and marvelous it also means she is going to miss out on a few things going on back home. To help keep her in the loop, (get it? eh? eh?) I'll be posting,
  • Big and little news from mine or our mutual friends' lives (I recently perfected smoothie making!)
  • Cultural memes and trends so she can still catch all the conversational references when she returns to the States
  • A list of movies/books/albums that have come out since she left that she needs to watch/read/listen to
  • World news 
  • A list of things we should do when we finally see each other again (next April or May hopefully!!!)
So since this blog is dedicated to and written for Jess it will often (but not always!) be written in second person and will be continuously sprinkled with as many inside jokes as I can cram in there (not to mention the obsessive use of parenthetical notations). Anyone else is more than welcome to read along and post comments for Jess or point out things I missed mentioning. Now without further ado,

"Adventure is out there!"- Ellie from Up

No comments:

Post a Comment