Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The flaggiest of footballs!

So last wednesday my medical physics flag football team (Incoherent Scatter! ) played the first game of the season, and in the world's most shocking upset... we WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I pulled this one girl's flag off! Making me somewhat valuable on the field !
Not only did we win but the other team got Mercied! We were up 19-0. A medical physics first!  In fact last season not only did we fail to win a single game, but we got mercied  4 out of 5 times! Those kind of ratios are only seen when you poll dentists. Crazy!
We've got our second game tonight. If we win again, we will make medical physics intramural sports history and songs will be written of us!

In the academic world, I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I do not understand how you biology people manage to keep everything straight in your heads! I learned what felt like all of human anatomy over the past week (really it cant even be more than half considering we've still got fifty percent of the semester to go) and I actually kind of love learning anatomy and what makes everything work. case in point, did you know babies are born farsighted? and that this is one of the reasons you cant really teach kids to read much earlier than 4? But its tough! all the words! and not mixing them up, if I had a nickel for switching around carotid and coronary..

Also, remember when I told you I was fairly certain my apartment was sitting on top of a sinkhole and it was only a matter of time before the whole thing collapsed around me? That conclusion was based off the the fact that new cracks were continuously opening up in my walls and if not sealed quickly became gigantic four feet long, half an inch thick fissures...WELL! apparently the apartment next to mine that I share a wall with was even worse but hadn't been reporting anything and when they did a routine inspection the management realized things were getting too serious and a solution could no longer be postponed. So! guess who's moving with less than a week's notice?
ME! all of about a quarter of a mile to the edge of my apartment complex over this weekend. Its going to be crazy. I keep staring at all of my stuff and trying to figure out how many boxes I need. I am so ill-prepared. The only good thing is the new apartment has been refurbished, and repainted, so it ought to look somewhat better than mine. and fortunately I only have three heavy things (bed, couch, dresser) so with the help of one or two kind hearted souls this could end up being fairly straightforward. Considering I was planning on moving in June I'm looking at this as a test run..Even with all that optimism though, I sure wish they could have held off another 8 months...Goodness Gravy.

MISS YOU!

"Everything can be found at sea, according to the spirit of your quest"
-Joseph Conrad

(the opening quote for A Voyage for Madmen  which is a historical account of the first ever 1968 Golden Globe race. Nine sea-hardy fellows competed single-handedly to be the first or the fastest to circumnavigate the globe.


p.s. The U.S. government is temporarily shutdown and if they don't come out with a deal by tomorrow will begin defaulting on our debts. Sorry for letting the place fall apart while you're gone..


UPDATE: 8:46 pm, Incoherent Scatter made MedPhys history and won our second game!! 14-8 I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment